HEATHENS HAVE THEIR SAY

Thursday August 17, 2017
CRADLEY Heathens bosses have broken their silence on the Dan Greenwood controversy.

Greenwood suffered a shoulder injury last month which was expected to keep him out for several weeks – and the club moved quickly to snap up Richard Hall.

Now Kent have made a move to snap him up – despite the fact he is yet to prove his fitness – and he was included in their new team declaration on Wednesday night.

Heathens have now received an apology as the signing was made and accepted without the club giving permission for Greenwood to leave.

Heathens co-promoter Gary Patchett said: “Kent’s redeclaration was accepted without any consultation with ourselves and we have received an apology.

“Whilst we won’t stand in Dan’s way if he wishes to move elsewhere, we wouldn’t consider reintroducing him unless he had proved his fitness and to date he has been unable to do that.

“His injury was, we were told, serious as the shoulder had separated and this was only a short time ago.

“We hope this explains and clarifies our position in the matter.”

Heathens are preparing for Monday’s big meeting with Birmingham at Monmore when kids go free.

Share This:   Facebook Twitter